Thursday, August 10, 2006

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the online course on Jane Austen and the influence her books have had on my own writing. I'm aware that there are very many readers and authors who have a very personal relationship with Jane Austen's books and very strong ideas about the interpretation of her novels. This course is not intended to be academic or prescriptive. It simply shares some of the things that I have learned from reading Jane Austen and asks course members to post their own views. The course begins officially on 21st August. If you would like to join, please email me at nicolacornick@madasafish.com or via my website at www.nicolacornick.com

I look forward very much to sharing ideas on the life and work of Jane Austen.

7 Comments:

Blogger Susan Rix said...

Hi Nicola,
Thanks so much for taking the time to run this course. I can't wait! Looking forward to 'meeting' everybody else.
Sue :-)

3:30 AM  
Blogger Cheryl St.John said...

I'm here and looking forward to the course. Thanks!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Cheryl St.John said...

I'm here and looking forward to the course. Thanks!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Cheryl St.John said...

I'm here and looking forward to the course. Thanks!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

At last! Now I know what all this blogging lark is about. Thanks, Nicola, for inadvertently getting me started...and for the online course too, of course.
Melanie :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Nicola, I'm really looking forward to this. I think we can all learn from the divine Jane (and the divine Nicola C!). Hello to all my fellow students.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Nicola Cornick said...

Hi everyone and thank you all for your comments. It's great to see how keen everyone is to get started so I have posted a few questions to get us all thinking! See you soon!
Nicola

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home